Victim of Identity Theft
If you believe you are a victim of Identity Theft, take the following steps:
- Contact the fraud departments of each of the
three major credit bureaus and request a "fraud alert" be
placed on your file so that no new credit will be granted
without your approval.
- Equifax: 800-685-1111
- Experian: 888-397-3742
- Trans Union: 800-888-4213
- Close any accounts that have been fraudulently opened.
- File a police report and get a copy of the report to your bank, credit card company or others that may need proof of this crime.
- Act quickly. The sooner problems are identified and reported, the less likely any losses will be.