Tips for your Security
- If possible avoid using ATMs during hours of darkness. If you must do so, try to have another person accompany you, or use an ATM in a well-lighted area.
- When possible, try to use an ATM that is well-trafficked and with limited foliage.
- Thoroughly observe the area around the ATM before approaching and using the machine
- Be cautious of anyone who engages you in conversation as you approach the ATM, while you are using it, or immediately thereafter.
- Spend as little time as possible at the ATM facility.
- Don't count or needlessly expose cash at the ATM.
- Don't leave your receipt at the ATM because it may contain account information.
- Don't report your PIN to anyone in person or over the telephone for any reason, even if the individual represents himself as a bank employee.
- If an ATM appears to be tampered with in any way, report it to the bank immediately and do not use the ATM.